Consider throwing a classy Christmas party and get all dolled up!
2. (a) Dinner Party
Celebrate with a small group of friends and make a Christmas feast! We opted for Cassoulet & Cheesecake!
2. (b) Potluck Dinner Party
Throw a potluck with your friends! Have everyone bring their favorite
3. Secret Santa Book Exchange
This year, we at our Friendsgiving, we opted to do a book exchange! We “drew names” by using Elfster and the rule was to give your favorite book!
- A Discovery of Witches – Debra Harkness
- What Alice Forgot – Liane Moriarty
- The Hazel Wood – Melissa Albert
- Educated: A Memoir – Tara Westover
- Next Year in Havana – Chanel Cleeton
- The Soul of an Octopus – Sy Montgomery
- The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America – Erik Larson
- Cutting for Stone – Abraham Verghese
- The Glass Castle: A Memoir – Jeannette Walls
- The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency – Alexander McCall smith, Lisette Lecat, et al.
- The Rent Collector – Camron Wright
4. White Elephant Gift Exchange
Set a price limit, bring a silly gift, and draw numbers out of a hat! It’s a great, fun party, all of the gifts spark conversations and silliness, and you can find all of the different types of rules you can use all over Pinterest!
5. Tacky Sweater Party
Forever a classic, a tacky sweater party never goes out of style!
Grab a Sweater: Check out BoxLunch, Hot Topic, & Shop Disney for pop culture sweaters, also check out Target for a last-minute sweater for that office party tonight! *My shirt is actually a pajama top from Francesca’s.
6. Pajama Party
7. Cookie Bake
A few quick tips on sugar cookies, while you can totally make all of these with a hand mixer, a stand mixer makes the process go a lot faster! All you need is a ton of powdered sugar, a rolling pin, cookie cutters, parchment paper / silicon mat, offset spatula, piping bags / tips, and imagination!
Whether you have room in your backyard to build a cinderblock pit like our fiends have, or you get metal one… There’s no question that a bonfire is one of the best wintery activities. Have a cup of cheer, put your feet up, and toast a marshmallow. It’s a blast!